Survery of Literary Criticism

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

My first RESPONSE!

All semester my group has talked about the e-journals and posting repsonses to other people's entries. Now I've had a response to one of mine! And it wasn't even from in our class. Today I received the following e-mail:

I just wanted to compliment you on your post about having had it with politics ad nauseam. Couldn't agree more, and I hate people who whined about the outcome (yeah, I too supported Dubya, so I was pretty darn happy).
(The post referred to is "the Scrooge of election day")


I guess this just goes to show that there sometimes the things we do really do get noticed, even if we don't think they do.

And speaking of responses, I have to write about this I have had an interesting day. Just now I helped a fellow economics student to understand a graph. I'd never met this student, Brandon, before tonight, but he recognized me as being an economics major. He is in a different economics class than I am, but he came over to ask about a graph that was really troubling him. And I was able to help him understand it! Will wonders never cease! It sure makes me feel good about my educational career so far.


And I needed something to make me feel good because I had an "incident" this morning. I didn't have to attend my normal 9 o'clock class, so instead I came up for my 11:00 class. I decided to ride my bicycle because it was fairly nice out. FIRST MISTAKE!
So I tootled my way up the hill by the Museum of the Rockies and cross the street to head to campus. Soon I came up behind a guy walking on the sidewalk. I couldn't tell exactly which side had more room for me to pass, so I headed for his left side. SECOND MISTAKE!
I called out "Excuse me!", but it was too late. He hadn't moved over yet, and I was going too fast, so I quickly veered to the left, leaving the sidewalk and heading straight for a bush. THIRD MISTAKE!
I tried to apply my break, but there was a bit of ice underneath. So, tragically, extremely ungracefully, down I went. That's right - in the middle of the day, on the outskirts of campus, I biffed it royally off of my Huffy. I immediately starting laughing, because it was like one of those most embarrassing moments that you always laugh at other people for. The guy quickly turned around and asked "Are you all right?". Chuckling, I told him that I was fine and apparantly I shouldn't be riding my bike in the winter! I know he felt really bad, and I feel bad that he feels bad, because it wasn't his fault.

The moral of the story is don't ride your bicycle in the winter if you don't have a good sense of humor, always help fellow economics students, and people will always notice things - whether you want them to or not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home